astm a182-f316l material is a standard molybdenum bearing grade stainless steel. The alloy is only second in importance to 304 amongst the austenitic stainless steel grades. The molybdenum gives sa182m grade f316l better overall corrosion resistant properties in comparison to grade 304. Therefore the grade f316l has particularly higher resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion in chloride containing media and environments.
Grade 316L, the low carbon version of f316l pipe flange has immunity against sensitisation, otherwise known as grain boundary carbide precipitation. Thus, the gr f316l is extensively used in heavy gauge welded components, where the wall thickness can be over 6mm. The austenitic structure in the astm a182 f316l also gives this grades excellent toughness properties ,that can be witnessed at to cryogenic temperatures.
As compared to other chromium-nickel austenitic stainless steels, a182 f316l stainless steel offers a much higher creep strength, stress to rupture strength and tensile strength, even at elevated temperatures. The ss 316l flanges have an excellent performance in a broad range of atmospheric environments as well as many corrosive media.
Generally the werkstoff sa 182 f316l tends to be more resistant to corrosive media when compared to grade 304 stainless steel. Although these stainless steel 316l flanges are a subject to pitting & crevice corrosion in warm chloride environments, and to stress related corrosion cracking at temperatures above 60 °C, sa 182 f316l flange is considered resistant to potable water. The astm a182 gr f316l is displays corrosion resistance in potable water, which can cantainup to about 1000 mg/L chlorides at ambient temperatures & gets reduced further to about 500 mg/L at 60 °C.
flange astm a182 f316l is usually regarded as the standard “marine grade stainless steel”.But the astm a182 grade f316l is not resistant to warm sea water. In many marine environments 316l ss flanges material does tend to exhibit surface corrosion. This surface corrosion usually visible as brown staining, which is especially associated with crevices and rough surface finish.
316l ss flanges exhibit good oxidation resistance in intermittent applications up to a temperature of 870 °C and in continuous service to 925 °C. Continuous use of flange astm a182 f316l between the temperature range of 425 °C – 860 °C is not recommended if subsequent aqueous corrosion resistance is important in any application. Many 316l stainless steel flanges manufacturers note that the alloy is more resistant to carbide precipitation and can be used in the above that temperature range.
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Specifications
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
ASME B16.5 Stainless Steel 316L Flanges size range
1/2″ (15 NB) to 48″ (1200NB) DN10~DN5000
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standards
ANSI/ASME B16.5, B16.47 Series A & B, B16.48, BS4504, BS 10, EN-1092, DIN, ANSI Flanges, ASME Flanges, BS Flanges, DIN Flanges, EN Flanges, GOST Flanges.
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard DIN
6Bar 10Bar 16Bar 25Bar 40Bar / PN6 PN10 PN16 PN25 PN40, PN64
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard ANSI
Class 150 LBS, 300 LBS, 600 LBS, 900 LBS, 1500 LBS, 2500 LBS
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard UNI
6Bar 10Bar 16Bar 25Bar 40Bar
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard JIS
5K, 10 K, 16 K 20 K, 30 K, 40 K, 63 K
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard EN
6Bar 10Bar 16Bar 25Bar 40Bar
Forged / Threaded / Screwed / Plate
Flange supporting material
Gasket, Ring Joint, Flange Bolts
Stainless Steel 316L Pipe Flanges Test Certificates
· Forged, Heat treated and machined
Connect Type/ Flange Face Type
Raised Face (RF), Ring Type Joint (RTJ), Flat Face (FF), Large Male-Female (LMF), Lap-Joint Face (LJF), Small Male-Female (SMF), Small Tongue, Large Tongue & Groove, , Groove
Most common types of Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Lap Joint Ring Flange (LJRF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Socket Weld Ring Flange (SWRF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Slip-On Ring Flange (SORF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Blind Ring Flange (BLRF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Threaded Ring Flange, Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Ring Type Joint Flange (RTJF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Weld Neck Ring Flange (WNRF), Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
As per your drawing
AS, ANSI, BS, DIN and JIS15 NB (1/2″) to 200 NB (8″)
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Threaded Flanges, Socketweld Flanges, Slip-On Flanges, Blind Flanges, Weld Neck Flanges
Direct-reading Spectrograph, Hydrostatic testing machine, X-ray detector, UI trasonic flaw detector, Magnetic particle detector
Indian / West Europe / Japan / USA / Korean
Press machine, Bending machine, Pushing Machine, electric bevelling machine, Sand-blasting machine etc
Specialized manufacturer of
· Rtj Flanges
· Pn16 Flanges
· DIN 2566 pn16
· DIN 2566 en 1092 1
· DIN 2566 pn10
· Stainless Steel 316L Lap Joint Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Loose Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Orifice Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L AS 4087 Water Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Weld Neck Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Slip-On Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Socketweld Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Plate Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Large Diameter Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Sorf Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Blind Flanges
· Stainless Steel 316L Table Flanges
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Standard
ANSI Flange, ASME Flange, DIN Flange, EN1092-1 Flange, UNI Flange, JIS/ KS Flange, BS4504 Flange, GB Flange, AWWA C207 Flange, GOST Flange, PSI Flange, ANSI DIN, GOST, JIS, UNI, BS, AS2129, AWWA, EN, SABS, NFE,
· B.S: BS4504 , BS3293, BS1560, BS10
· AS 2129: Table D; Table E; Table H
· ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47 Series A & B, MSS SP44, ASA, API-605, AWWA, Custom Drawings
· ANSI : ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47(API605), MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
· ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47, MSS SP44, ANSI B16.36, ANSI B16.48
· American standard (ANSI)
· German (DIN)
· British standard (BS)
· Any other specilised flanges
· DIN: DIN 2527, DIN 2566, DIN 2573, DIN 2576, DIN 2641, DIN 2642, DIN 2655, DIN 2656, DIN 2627, DIN 2628, DIN 2629, DIN 2631, DIN 2632, DIN 2633, DIN 2634, DIN 2635, DIN 2636, DIN 2637, DIN 2638
· The other standard: AWWA C207; EN1092-1, GOST12820, JIS B2220; KS B1503, SABS1123; NFE29203;UNI2276
Key markets and industries for Stainless Steel 316L Flanges
· Nuclear power (mostly seamless).
· Petrochemicals and acids.
· Bitumen upgraders.
· Heavy oil refineries.
Ukraine, Singapore, Brazil, Spain, Egypt, Ireland, Indonesia, Iran, Peru, Oman, Dubai, USA, India, Thailand, Canada, Korea, Saudi Arabia, etc
Stainless Steel 316L Flanges Application
· To Connect Pipe & Tubes in Petroleum, Power, Gas, Metallurgy, Shipbuilding Construction, Chemical etc
Material Test Certificates (MTC) as per EN 10204 3.1 and EN 10204 3.2, Test Certificates certifying NACE MR0103, NACE MR0175